Startups; B2B Marketing; Integrated Marketing; Branding & Identity; Digital Strategy; Multi-channel Marketing; Media Relations – Press, Analysts, Bloggers; Graphic Design; Web Design; Product Launches
MARKETING CONSULTANT | 2016 – Present
- Part-time consultant for Deeproot (deeproot.com) developing target audience messaging, personas, and industry case studies.
- Storyboard, produced and launched three fundraising videos for Brook Knoll Elementary to raise $67,000.
- Built, designed and manage a WordPress webstore for Scotts Valley Middle School spirit wear and athletic teams’ apparel – svmsspiritwear.com
- Built, designed and manage a WordPress parent communication web portal for Brook Knoll Elementary – bkec.info
- Designed using Adobe Illustrator and produced the Brook Knoll Elementary school spirit wear for six years.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING (Interim VP) | DATRIUM | 2015 – 2016
- Designed and created the company brand across all mediums
- Created the company, product and persona messaging
- Implemented their first marketing automation system (Marketo) with Salesforce
- Created the BETA product customer reference program to include video footage, press releases and printed collateral
- Developed and executed the launch plans to include their first presence at VMworld 2015
- Setup and briefed data storage media, analysts and bloggers. Secured 24 media articles including Forbes magazine.
- Secured Datrium in Gartner’s 2016 “Cool Vendor” report
- Developed the go-to-market strategy with channel partners and executed North American lead generation programs
- Hired the field marketing team and Vice President Marketing
FOUNDER | AMDZN | 2008 – 2015
As a contractor I developed and drove corporate marketing, demand generation, and graphic design activities for high-tech start-ups, non-profit organizations, and a variety of B2C small businesses.
- Chrysalis Software – My relationship with Chrysalis grew from an initial logo redesign project, to creating and executing all of their corporate marketing materials. I designed and developed their product collateral, wrote their press releases, created and managed their social media presence, and redesigned their corporate website with a Microsoft .NET content management system.
- StorSimple – Lead generation and Salesforce management was my main focus at StorSimple. They required targeted lead generation activities to drive sales engagement and increase brand awareness as a data storage startup in a crowded marketplace. I created and executed a monthly newsletter and lead generation program prior to their acquisition by Microsoft in 2012.
- Malaga Cove Capital – Based in Southern California, this financial services company required a website redesign that complied with financial regulations. I worked with a recognized financial services web developer to create a new brand, design, and content. I also created a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) program for them to drive new customers to their company.
- Scotts Valley Unified School District – Since 2012 I have designed the Brook Knoll Elementary spirit wear and provided graphic design and video production support for their annual auction. The goal is to raise money to enhance the experience for all students throughout the grade levels.
- Small Business Logo Design – I have designed logos and artwork for a number of small businesses in the wine, Spa services, coffee, office supplies, and farming industries.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, CORPORATE MARKETING | AGAMI SYSTEMS | 2006 – 2008
At Agami Systems I was responsible for outbound marketing to include the lead generation programs with partners, development of the customer reference program, writing and creating the solution, product and customer collateral, management of all events in North America, and assisting the Vice President with the media and analyst relations.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, MARKETING | DATA DOMAIN | 2005 – 2006
Initially I was hired by Data Domain as a consultant to create their collateral brand. I developed templates for their product, solution and reference customer datasheets. The role turned into a full-time position to lead their outbound marketing activities. I developed the “Tape Sucks, Move On” bumper sticker program, born from a comment from their CEO, Frank Slootman, and now available as a book at Amazon.
VICE PRESIDENT, SOLUTIONS AND US MARKETING | BORLAND | 2003 – 2004
At Borland I was responsible for the creation of the worldwide solutions marketing programs and the execution of these programs in the US market to generate revenue. I worked with channel and solution partners, and design agencies to develop the direct marketing materials. I was responsible for a worldwide team of 20 employees.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT | BORLAND | 2001 – 2003
In this role I was responsible for product marketing for Delphi and C++Builder in the RAD business unit. With a team of 3 employees, we ran the product launches, developed the product messaging, collateral, customer references, and training presentations for sales and channel partners worldwide. In this role I championed a series of marketing programs for the products and successfully engaged the field marketing teams to run these programs. This resulted in my promotion to Vice President.
DIRECTOR, MARKETING | SANTA CRUZ OPERATION | 1990 – 2000
I started my marketing career at the Santa Cruz Operation in the United Kingdom holding various corporate, channel and field marketing roles. I transferred to the United States to implement a product launch process I had championed in Europe with our Distribution and Reseller partners.